What is Custom Counsel?
Custom Counsel, a division of CuroLegal, is a nationwide network of skilled freelance attorneys, legal assistants, and paralegals. It is a marketplace where solo practitioners, law firms, and in-house legal departments can connect with other lawyers and legal professionals to perform work on a project basis. Custom Counsel freelance attorneys, assistants and paralegals serve as independent contractors to hiring attorneys. The freelance attorneys in our network do not provide direct representation to the end client. Rather, they work under the supervision of the hiring attorney.
How Can Custom Counsel Help Me?
Why Use Custom Counsel?
Help when you need it.
You hire us only when you need us. No uncertainty, no overhead, no risk. Hiring Custom Counsel is the best way to manage growth.
In a project driven industry, greater agility is key to staying competitive. Hire Custom Counsel to handle uneven work flow and quickly ramp up your pool of talent when a large matter comes along.
With clients clamoring for a reduction in legal fees, Custom Counsel freelancers’ competitive rates will keep your clients happy while increasing your profits.
How does it work?
- Submit a request for work, giving as much detail as possible. Custom Counsel is not a law firm, please do not reveal any confidential client information through the platform.
- Indicate your preference for a lawyer, assistant, or paralegal (and if you are accustomed to working with a particular member of the network, indicate the person you would like with your request).
- Custom Counsel will invite lawyers, assistants, or paralegals qualified to handle your matter to bid on the project.
- You will have the opportunity to connect with bidding members to explore the project further. Don’t see what you’re looking for here? Give us a call. We are adding new legal professionals every day to this site, and may be able to connect you with just the attorney you’re looking for.
- Easily engage the freelancer online, and off you go!
- You will receive notification and payment information when the freelancer indicates the engagement is complete.
Interested in becoming a freelancer with Custom Counsel?
Skilled attorneys, assistants, and paralegals join Custom Counsel because they are seeking greater flexibility than a law firm can offer in order to raise a family, start a side business, or for a host of other reasons. Participation in Custom Counsel's network provides freelancers with the opportunity to continue to do high level, exciting legal work without the burdens and pressures found in a typical law firm arrangement.
As a member of Custom Counsel's network, you have the ability to take as many or as few assignments as you would like, so you control how busy you want to be. Custom Counsel is always interested in speaking with talented, experienced legal professionals who are looking for a new way to practice law.